Wednesday, July 12, 2017
Installing a concentrating solar power system in Gila Bend, Arizona. The curved mirrors are tilted toward the sun, focusing sunlight on tubes that run the length of the mirrors. The reflected sunlight heats a fluid flowing through the tubes. The hot fluid then is used to boil water in a conventional steam-turbine generator to produce electricity.
The solar industry is changing rapidly as it experiences unprecedented growth. Here are 6 facts that may surprise you about this increasingly popular source of power.
6. Solar energy is the most abundant energy resource on earth -- 173,000 terawatts of solar energystrikes the Earth continuously. That's more than 10,000 times the world's total energy use.
5. The first silicon solar cell (for example: GOAL ZERO NOMAD 13 ) the precursor of all solar-powered devices, was built by Bell Laboratories in 1954. On the first page of its April 26, 1954 issue, The New York Times proclaimed the milestone, “the beginning of a new era, leading eventually to the realization of one of mankind’s most cherished dreams -- the harnessing of the almost limitless energy of the sun for the uses of civilization.”
4. The space industry was an early adopter of solar technology. In the 1950s, the space industry began to use solar technology to provide power aboard spacecraft. The Vanguard 1 -- the first artificial earth satellite powered by solar cells -- remains the oldest manmade satellite in orbit -- logging more than 6 billion miles.
3. Today, demand for solar in the United States is at an all-time high. The amount of solar power installed in the U.S. has increased more than 23 times over the past eight years -- from 1.2 gigawatts (GW) in 2008 to an estimated 27.4 GW at the end of 2015. That’s enough energy to power the equivalent of 5.4 million average American homes, according to the Solar Energy Industries Association. The U.S. is currently the third-largest solar market in the world and is positioned to become the second.
2. As prices continue to fall, solar energy is increasingly becoming an economical energy choice for American homeowners and businesses. Still, the biggest hurdle to affordable solar energy remains the soft costs -- like permitting, zoning and hooking a solar system up to the power gird. On average, local permitting and inspection processes add more than $2,500 to the total cost of a solar energy system and can take up to six months to complete. The SunShot Initiative’s soft costs program works to make it faster and cheaper for families and businesses to go solar.
1. California’s Mojave Desert is home to Ivanpah Solar Power Facility, the world’s largest operating solar thermal energy plant. It uses concentrating solar power (CSP) technology to focus 173,500 heliostats, each containing two mirrors, onto boilers located in three power towers. The plant, which came online in 2014, has a gross capacity of 392 megawatts (MW). CSP technology is unique in that it allows for solar energy to be stored for use after the sun sets -- a key focus for our recent research and development efforts -- which addresses some of the concerns over delivering solar power when and where it is needed most.
Explore our projects in solar energy on the Sunshot Initiative’s project map and study up on Solar Energy Basics.
Tuesday, April 4, 2017
Parents have the obligation to provide financial, emotional, medical, and educational support to their children, and this is only normal. However, it is also sad to think that there are some parents who do not do this, and this usually happens in single parent situations. This is a situation where child support services can help and this should be strictly enforced. Usually, the government has this duty of enforcement, and there are procedures to follow when one of the parents will seek these services for their child or children. The well being of the children is what this is about and this can also help promote parental involvement in a positive manner.
Categories in Child Support
Child custody services Seattle and support can fall into different categories. One category is one in which an order for paternity support has not been established yet, and there is a process to do this. Another category is when there is already an enforceable order for support, and collection is what is to be enforced. A category is also one where the other partner cannot be located, the place of employment is not known, or the assets that the child is entitled to are not yet known. These are the categories in which the child entitled to these services will be into.
Is Establishing Paternity Important?
Establishing paternity is important because if this will not be effectively established, enforcement will also be impossible to do. Paternity that is established will be signed and this is already enforceable, and if not yet established, the court will do this. Most often, when this happens, the court will establish who the biological father is. This usually happens when the parents are not married. Child support and custody are these that are needed, especially when the courts will be needed in this situation. In cases where paternity is not sure, a paternity test will be conducted.
How Can Child Support Services Help?
Child support services are needed especially in cases where one of the parents cannot be located. This is important to make sure that both the parents will be there to support the child. The child custody services will be there to help provide resources and information regarding where the other parent lives or where he works. The support service will also help in establishing paternity, if this is needed. This is needed to help establish child support obligation because without a child support order, collection will be hard to enforce. A legal process is needed, in cases like this, and the support service will be the front agency for this.
When the child is receiving government support, child support services are still needed because the state will need information as to the right amount of support that the child needs. The state will contact the other parent to help establish this amount. The court is also needed here, and the right amount of support will be established through the legal process. If the child is not getting any government assistance, both parents can also agree on the amount of support, and enforcement and collections can be coursed through the support services.
Wednesday, March 29, 2017
The real estate market can be a volatile place for the novice newcomer. Reaping the benefits of the lucrative opportunities that it offers can be a dauntingly complicated task without the right assistance. Unfortunately for many, this help often comes in the form of expensive consultancy that can add an additional price tag to an already costly venture.
When we think of real estate, the idea of online or digital tools will rarely come to mind as a source of informative advice and analytics. However, there are an abundance of rarely discussed sources of information for those hoping to reap the benefits possible with Australia’s ever-changing home market.
Buying Your Dream Home
Especially for those who are hoping to live in the home they purchase, as opposed to buying potential investment properties, finding the right deal on a home that meets as many of your requirements as possible is going to be the most exhausting of all the house hunting steps. If you are making a purchasing decision on this large a scale, it’s safe to say you are planning for a long stay in your potential property, so you want to get it right the first time.
Saturday, March 18, 2017
What lessons can we learn from the great entrepreneurs? Was it just their incredible personalities and individual capacities that propelled them to success? Or is it something to do with the fact that they understood how to leverage the talents of others?
Seasoned entrepreneurs know that if they try to do everything, they’ll crash and burn. There simply isn’t enough time in the day, not to mention the fact that they’re not qualified to carry out half of the tasks that need doing in their business. But despite this, newbies seem to believe that they have to do everything, filling every minute of the day with one task or another. It’s a recipe for disaster.
Here, we’re going to investigate some of the ways that companies can reduce their workload and get experts in to manage certain aspects of their business. The solution is easy, outsource more, do less.
There’s an art to delegation, and it’s something all the top Fortune 500 CEOs do incredibly well. But despite the fact that they delegate nearly everything, they still have a special place in their hearts for their emails. No matter how high up they are in an organization, they feel the need to personally process every piece of correspondence in their inbox, causing them to waste time and money.
Sunday, February 26, 2017
Things don’t always run as smoothly as you would expect in a small business. This is why you have to be able to react quickly to all kinds of situations and be ready for all types of problems and emergencies. For example, if the pizza oven breaks down in the local pizzeria he has no choice but to fix it right away no matter what the cost is. Having a good rolodex with the names of service providers who can react quickly and fix your problems on a moment’s notice is very important. Here are some of the critical service providers you need to keep handy in case of emergency.
Commercial Landscaping CompanyThe area outside a business needs to be maintained to a high standard. If you do this, it enhances your business and more people will be willing to deal with you. However, you need to make sure you hire a Twinsburg commercial landscaping company you can trust.
Companies like Schill Grounds Management provide a range of different grounds management and landscaping services, which may come in useful if important clients or other business associates will be visiting your business premises in the near future. This company also responds to more urgent situations by providing a snow and ice removal service during the colder times of the year.